Grab a button!

TCBOTB
TCBOTB
TCBOTB

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recent Chick Flick REVIEWS!! GNO worthy?

When it’s time for a little bit of fun and relaxation, Becky and I plan our monthly GNO (girl’s night out) where we leave the kids with their Daddy's and we do some shopping, have a snack at Dairy Queen (there’s no better ice cream out there) and we see the latest chick flick to hit the big screens. This is a monthly ritual that we think every girl needs!
Here is a list of the most recent Girl Movies we’ve seen in chronological order, and of course our thoughts on each one. We'll use a rating system of GNO points, 5 is the best!

Mamma Mia!
Ashley’s Review: 4 out of 5 GNO Points A bundle of fun! Makes you want to move to the music!
Becky’s Review: 4 out of 5-I wanted to sign and dance during the entire movie, maybe because the entire movie was singing and dancing! I left with a smile and wanting to sing at the top of my lungs.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
Ashley’s Review: 5 out of 5 GNO Points So cute! You have to watch the first one to follow the story on the second one. Love it!
Becky’s Review:B 4 out of 5-This was a fun one...just as cute as the first one.

High school Musical 3
Ashley’s Review: 4 out of 5 GNO Points We saw this one as a last minute, last resort kind of thing, but both of us were pleasantly surprised! The music and choreography were fantastic!
Becky’s Review: 3 out of 5-love the singing but a little too cheesy for me:)

The Women
Ashley’s review: 2 out of 5 GNO Points-The cast and music scream CHICK FLICK! And the fact that there is NOT ONE SINGLE MAN in the whole movie – VERY COOL! OR SO YOU’D THINK! The storyline did not hold up to the hype. Some of the characters were a tad bit controversial for our taste, but all in all, and okay flick. Don’t spend more than a dollar or two renting it. J
Becky’s Review: 0 out of 5-I like movies with guys in it!

Twilight
Ashley’s review: 4 out of 5 GNO Points-Can we say EYE CANDY? We had to see this one twice in the theaters. The first time through, I had some issues with the differences between the books and the movie, and the fact that there is a hokiness, for lack of a better word, present in some of the scenes. But that’s why I wanted to see it again and the second time through it was much more enjoyable and cast is a lot of fun! They couldn’t have picked a better Edward!
Becky’s Review: 4 out of 5- I am a big twilight fan and enjoyed this movie. There were some extremely cheesy/funny parts but it was a low budget film...what can you expect?

He’s Just Not That In to You:
Ashley’s Review: wish I hadn’t seen it-Yuck, Bad, Boring, Too much skin! There’s so many A-list celebs in this flick including Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connolly, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johansson, Justin Long, and Ben Affleck. We just assumed it would be great! Wrongo! Skip it!
Becky’s Review: 1 out of 5- It is too bad that had to put the scandalous parts in this movie. They could have made it good! Waste of money, would not even recommend renting it!

So what did all of you think of these movies (if you saw them)?
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I just had to stop by and THANK YOU!!!! Your TCBOTB is awesome!! I invite you come check out my page to see how much you helped me . The blog secrets were so helpful and easy to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! New to the blogging world, saw a friend of mine used TCBOTB as her background so I checked out your website, loved it, such cute feminine designs.

    As to your post, I LOVED Mamma Mia but I am a huge musical fan! I enjoyed Sisterhood 2 and Twilight as well. So disappointed to see that about He's Just Not that Into You. Did you ladies see "Confessions of a Shopaholic" yet? I haven't but really want to as I think Isla Fisher is just the cutest actress, loved her in Definitely Maybe and Wedding Crashers.

    Bye for now! Feel free to check out my blog and follow me!

    :) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's not just that into you-I totally agree w/ you. We had a MOPS night out and it was bad, especially with that star cast. The only word they scripted was s***! I love your blog, thanks for adding it to TCBOTB site. I use your backgrounds faithfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to stop by and THANK YOU!!!! Your TCBOTB is awesome!! I invite you come check out my page to see how much you helped me . The blog secrets were so helpful and easy to do!!




    scion parts car
    relocation movers

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails